The American Society of Agricultural Consultants seeks submissions for Presentation Papers and Posters for the 2015 ASAC Annual Conference in Memphis, Tennessee, November 1-3.
Submissions for Papers or Posters must include a one-page, single-spaced abstract that provides a clear explanation of what will be presented at the Annual Conference. Authors should include in this abstract a discussion of the relevance of the topic, research methodology, and potential for generating discussion during the meeting.
Papers for presentation and posters should be consistent with the theme of the 2015 conference “Tomorrow’s Agriculture – Today”.
Abstracts must be received by Friday, May 15, 2015.
Abstracts should be submitted electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstracts should include the following types of information.
• State the main objective and rationale of your research / project
• Outline the methods you used to accomplish your objectives
• List your project results
• Draw conclusions about the implications of your project
Notification of whether a presentation or poster proposal has been accepted will be sent via email by mid-August, or as soon as possible thereafter. Please check spam boxes as notification email may have gone there.
Presentation Papers: Presentations are allotted 15 minutes at the meeting for presentation, with five additional minutes for questions and answers.
Authors of Presentations Papers must submit a full pdf version of their paper to email@example.com no later than October 1, 2015. Papers that miss this deadline will be withdrawn from the program.
The full version of the paper has no length limitations, but less than 25 pages is preferred. Double-spaced, 8.5 by 11-inch, single-sided format is requested.
Posters will be prominently displayed throughout the meeting. Authors will be assigned a specific presentation session in which attendees can visit the posters. Poster authors must be available during their assigned interval for questions and discussion. The printed program will list the poster titles, authors, locations, and presentation time.
Information and Guidelines for Poster Presenters:
• Posters must not exceed 46 inches (116cm) wide by 45 inches (114 cm) high.
• Presenters are responsible for bringing binder clips for attaching the poster to the display panel/easel.
• Posters should be printed on a single sheet of paper.
• Handouts should be directly related to the topic of the poster.
• Poster title, author name and affiliation (address / email address) should appear on the top of the poster.
• Do not prepare a poster as if it were a manuscript. Primarily use tables and figures and limit verbiage.
• Make sure that the selected typeface is easy to read. No more than two different typefaces should be used on the poster. Lettering for text and illustrations should range in size between 24 and 48 point type.
Questions relating to the presentation of posters / papers should be addressed to:
Farm Credit East, ACA